To ensure that parties and participants are able to understand the appeal process as well as their roles and responsibilities in the process, the Board has prepared a number of Information Sheets.
These Information Sheets deal with specific topics and specific stages of the appeal process, and fill in some of the details about certain Board practices and policies which may not be set out in the legislation. However, the Information Sheets are not a substitute for the legislation.
Additional topics may be added to this site from time to time.
How to Appeal
- How to Start an Appeal under the Environmental Management Act
- How to Start an Appeal under the Greenhouse Gas Industrial Reporting and Control Act
- How to Start an Appeal under the Greenhouse Gas Reduction (Renewable and Low Carbon Fuel Requirements) Act
- How to Start an Appeal under the Integrated Pest Management Act
- How to Start and Appeal under the Mines Act
- How to Start an Appeal under the Water Sustainability Act
- How to Start and Appeal under the Water Users’ Communities Act
- How to Start an Appeal under the Wildlife Act
- How to Start an Appeal under the Zero Emissions Vehicle Act
- Use of Electronic Devices in Hearing Rooms
- Oral Hearing – General
- Oral Hearing Procedure (Order of Presentation)
- Preparing for an Oral Hearing and Preparation Checklist
- Statement of Points and Document Disclosure (Pre-hearing Disclosure)
- Closing Statements
- How to Request More Time in an Ongoing Appeal
- Requesting an Order for Documents to be Disclosed
- Requiring a Witness to Attend a Hearing: Application for an Order to Attend (Summons)
- Requesting a Site Visit
*For more information about administrative tribunals in British Columbia, preparing for a hearing and administrative law generally, see the information and short videos on the website titled “A Guide to Administrative Law in BC” produced by the Justice Education Society” at http://www.adminlawbc.ca/.